Saturday, September 6, 2008

Honey-Baked Chicken & Linda's Rice Mix

This is so easy - I love it!


Honey-Baked Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 c. margarine, melted
1/3 c. honey
2 T. mustard
1/4 t. salt

Preheat oven to 350. Mix margarine, honey, mustard, and salt. Pour over chicken in shallow dish. Bake 1 hour.

*This made so much sauce this time. I think next time I will half the sauce recipe.

Linda's Rice Mix

3 c. uncooked rice (2 rice, 1 noodle may be used)
1/4 c. dried parsley
6 T. chicken or beef boullion
2 t. onion powder
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. dried thyme

Mix and store.

To cook, use:

1 c. mix
2 c. water
2 T. margarine

*I used Jasmine rice, which makes it extra tasty.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Can sauce so simple really be good? And does it bake up moist? I struggle with baking chicken and I stear clear of baking if at all possible, well I never do bake chicken anymore.

Kim P. Edwards said...

Cynthia, I have noticed that if I use the frozen chicken from Costco (10 lbs. Foster Farms), it bakes so moist every time. I know what you mean - it seems like any other chicken I buy lately is pretty tough. This recipe honestly is really good. I made it for the McDonalds last week and they asked for the recipe because they liked it so much. (Unless that was just a sweet way of saying thank you.)

I started baking the Costco chicken just plain lately for my chicken Caesar Salads. It turns out so yummy and sooo easy.

Andrea said...

What a great idea to do a rice mix, I am so excited to try it out!
Thanks for the tips!