Sunday, May 22, 2011

Apple Butter Pork

I got this recipe from allrecipes
I needed something that I could put in the oven and walk away for a few hours and then come home to a ready to eat dinner.  I really should have done a crock pot dinner (which I think you could do with this) but I didn't think about it soon enough.  We all loved it and the kids thought it tasted like a dessert!  I made a few modifications because we didn't have any apple butter - I am excited to try it again using apple butter.

The Ingredients

2 (2 pound) boneless pork loin roast - I used boneless country style ribs
seasoning salt to taste
2 cups apple juice
1/2 cup apple butter  (I didn't have this so I put one cup of apple sauce in a pan with 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/8 tsp. nutmeg, and 1/4 tsp cloves - and brought it all to a boil until it thickened up a little - and I used the whole cup)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I added this on top of what I added to the apple sauce)
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

Directions
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2.Season the pork loins with seasoning salt, and place them in a 9x13 inch baking dish or small roasting pan. Pour apple juice over the pork, and cover the dish with a lid or aluminum foil.

3.Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven. While the pork is roasting, mix together the apple butter, brown sugar, water, cinnamon, and cloves. Remove pork roasts from the oven, and spread with apple butter mixture.

4.Cover, and return to the oven for 2 hours, or until fork-tender.

So yummy!

No comments: