Thursday, November 20, 2008

Two Pumpkin Cookies

I love anything pumpkin this time of year! Here are two recipes I've made this fall and my whole family loves!
HINT: If you buy a big can of pumpkin, you can make a double batch of the iced cookies and a regular batch of the CC ones.

Iced Pumpkin Cookies
(courtesy of my neighbor Sandra)

INGREDIENTS

2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg
1tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl combine four, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, netmeg, cloves and salt. In a large bow, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg and 1 tsp vanilla to butter mixture and beat until cramy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoon. Flatten slightly and bake for 15-18 minutes. (I flatten them with a wooden spoon about half way through, it helps the glaze not run off.) Cool then drizzle glaze with a fork ( I use my little wire whisk).

Glaze

2 cups confectioners' sugar
3 TBS milk
1 TBS melted butter
1 tsp vanilla

Combine all ingredients and stir with a whisk. Glaze should be runny. Drizzle onto cookies.

_______________________________________________
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies with Oatmeal
(courtesy of Allrecipes.com)
INGREDIENTS
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup canned or cooked pumpkin
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips


In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. combine flour, oats, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. (I just used my silpat.) Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-13 minutes or until lightly browned.

2 comments:

Kim P. Edwards said...

How cool - I've never seen pumpkin cookies with oatmeal in them. That sounds so good!

Leslie said...

I can't wait to try these! The look really good and I LOVE pumpkin.